Tuesday, May 26th, 2009
8.00pm Finish sessions, hang around to chat.
Bring pen, paper, questions and a bottle of water.
Hopefully we'll have some drinks. Contact Mick if you'd like to sponsor.
Prize Time - Elevator FAIL
Elevator FAIL. Anyone who is wants to win stands up and has 30 seconds to tell a story of how you tried, failed and learned a good lesson. Winner is by crowd clapping and laughter. Get practicing.
One year subscription to Saasu Online Accounting Tool - Thanks guys!
6pm Sharp (don't be late!) - Welcome chat, why are we here, how we'll try and make it work.
6.10 - First session - Richard McGowan - using media to grow - why, when and how.
6.30 - Announcements - 30 seconds to talk about anything - good news, looking for people, events, ideas.
Then break to chat, eat, meet, ask, explore.
6.40 - Second session - Chris Hitchen - Growth Story - Building a business through partnerships.
7.00 - Elevator FAIL
Then break to chat, eat, meet, ask, explore.
7.10 - Workshops - break up in to groups to work, talk, argue about different things.
7.50 - Regroup, how did it go, changes next time, next event, any further announcements.
8pm - Head home or to somewhere to chat/eat further.
Click the 'Edit' button below and add your name below to RSVP if you are coming:
- Marcus Schappi , The Little Bird Company @littlebirdceo
- Mick Liubinskas, Pollenizer @liubinskas
- Ryan Cross, @ryancross
- Bart Jellema, Tjoos
- David Jones, ThreatMETRIX
- Jeremy LeBard, Booktagger
- Brian Menzies, NetStormer
- Phaedon Stough, http://www.mitchellake.com
- Rai Tangler
- Ian Gardiner, Viocorp http://www.viocorp.com
- Chris Hitchen http://www.getprice.com.au
- Jared Oken, http://www.getprice.com.au
- Michael Zimmerman, Bondi Ventures
- Todd Forest, http://www.TasmanVentures.com
- Kim Heras, TechNation Australia OneEyeDeer
- Rob Antulov, 3eep
- Paul Wallbank Department of State and Regional Development
- John Haining Michael Johnson Associates
- Michelle Gamble www.marketingangels.com.au
- Anya Haywood www.marketingangels.com.au
- David Vandenberg, The Lab / Wunderkind
- Dave Peterson, Medley Systems
- Hasnain Zaheer, http://www.hasnainzaheer.com
- Geoff McQueen, Hiive Systems, @geoffmcqueen
- Roger Kermode, Alimua
- Michael Bates, 1Place
- Lance Scott, 1Place
- Luke Metcalfe NationMaster @orchyluke
- Tom Foster, ThinkLeads ThinkTelemarketing @thinkleads
- Jack @pedzel
- Sally Mills [www.lavolta.com.au] [www.fed.net.au] [www.the-domain.org]
- Hendro Wijaya Blindoptimists @hwijaya
- Kunal Bhatia
- Andrew Breen [www.vovia.com.au] @breenandrew
- Andrew Rogers Anchor, @andrewjrogers
- Steven Noble, @steven_noble, Forrester Research
- Alan Jones, Pollenizer @bigyahu
- Dan Purchas, GradConnection @danpurchas
- Dave Jenkins, GradConnection @davejenkins
- Mike Casey, GradConnection @mikecasey
- Tracy Pendergast, Pentica PR [www.pentica.com-.au] @tracyatpentica
- Peter Crowe, Quotify @petercrowe
- Isabel Wagner, LEWIS PR @ Circe2001
- Niki Scevak, Homethinking @nikiscevak
- Cheryl Gledhill, Molt:n @cherylgledhill
- Scott Gledhill, Molt:n [http://www.twitter/gleddy]
- Lloyd Perry, TheFSE
- Belinda Cordina, [http://www.myinvites.com.au]
- Drew [http://drewshobbrook.blogspot.com/]
- Mike Zimmerman, Bondi Ventures
- Amanda Gonzalez, Untangle the Web @untangle
- Jason Langenauer Constrex @jasonlangenauer
- Nick Gonios http://www.sportspassion.com
- Kyle McGinty http://www.mitchellake.com
- Max Soe @maxsoe
- David Dennings [http://www.photoartgallery.com]
- Matt Jones, social alchemy ua.moc.ymehclalaicos|senoj.ttam#ua.moc.ymehclalaicos|senoj.ttam
- Matt Freedman Sticky Tickets @matt_freedman
- Chris Carpenter Doculicious Digital Carpenter
- David Safarik
- Rajiv Jacob [http://www.grabadiscount.com.au/]
- Sara Jacob [http://www.grabadiscount.com.au/]
- Steve Watson http://www.mitchellake.com
- Jeff Estok http://www.mitchellake.com
- Max Kraynov Mobile Messenger
- Aditya Bates m-Objects
- Mark Burch markburch.net
- Anthony Sochan [www.mitchellake.com]
- Fabio Bastian
- Shaon Diwakar FunkHQ @shaond
- James Rabey
- Aymeric Gaurat-Apelli Social Whims @aymericg
- Andrew McCombie Cornerstone Consulting
- Tomer Hasson PC Tools
- Nicholas Hamilton
- Paul Berkovic
- Ian Cumming Travellr
- @nickhac BuzzNumbers
- David Keane BigTinCan
- Piotr Kowalik [au.deryt.com]
- Corneliu I. Tusnea Social Whims @corneliu
- Oliver Maruda Pollenizer @marcooda
- Michelle Rowan SportsPassion
- Wayne Butcher [Paper Free]
- Pete Cooper, Cooper Sydney @pc0
- Steve Orleow
- Adrian Makohon @a_makohon
- Robert Kinkade mdretail @RobertKinkade
- Glenn Vassallo
- Graham Dawson [http://www.ajnaware.com]
- Tao van de Graaff PricewaterhouseCoopers @taovdg
- Hasnain Zaheer Web Business Age
- Liam Connolly airdaq
Please add topics you'd like to discuss in the group, break-out sessions. Put your name with a topic if you'd also like to talk about that.
Breakout Idea: Review of Aussie startup success/fail
I am not sure if this is a good idea or too sensitive but I would be interested to whiteboard what were the factors for success or inertia for the companies listed in this link (written in 2006).
Is there anything that can be learned and adopted or avoided.